CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

19 October 2010

Song of the Day - Tuesday October 19th, 2010

Elliott Brood - Fingers and Tongues

From the bands page on r3:
Elliott Brood - Death Country – dark, gritty folk soul music built around whiskey - drenched vocals and lyrics evoking images of love, loss and murder. In their soul-thumping bluegrass songs, banjo keeps time to a strange and chunky angular stomp, with vicious Kentucky-hardcore acoustic guitar and somber, achingly confessional vocal harmonies.

And although Elliott Brood is currently touring in Australia and won't be coming to my neck of the woods anytime soon, I can't help but feel a little gitty at the thought of seeing these guys play live.  I'm already starting to save a little cash for when tickets go on sale!  And I think I might be needin' a t-shirt when I get there too!

click here to hear Fingers and Tongues -> http://r3.ca/00tw


http://www.elliottbrood.ca/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this song! Thanks Dash!